Kevin’s Accord Hits 100,000 Miles
I’ve grown up in a Honda-loving family. This picture of our driveway is from the year 1998.
- In the garage: my mom’s 1993 Acura Legend and my ‘project car’ 1988 Acura Legend.
- In the driveway: my pride and joy 1989 Honda Prelude 2.0 Si and my brother’s 1984 Honda Civic S
I also love it when other people are just as nerdy as I am about milestones! Turns out, there are a lot of us out there. Honda has an entire website called “Mile Makers” that’s dedicated to celebrating owner experiences with cars that are beyond 100,000 miles. Incidentally, there are:
- 26 people who have submitted their stories of cars with 500,000 to 699,999 miles on them.
- 6 people who have cars with 700,000 to 999,999 miles on them.
- 2 people who have 1,000,000 or more.
You all met my good friend Kevin and his car when we took some Acura ILX pictures back in August. He’s had his 2006 Honda Accord since it was new. As he crept up on the Honda’s first “big” achievement, we decided to go all out. Kevin and I dined on Tuesday at the historic 1908 Landmark Restaurant in Mesa, Arizona. His Accord in the parking lot had 99,988 miles on it.
After dinner, we rocked out to the Bee Gees’ “Stayin’ Alive” and made our way to my home where the car rolled over 100,000 miles just 1/4 miles from my driveway.
Here are some fun facts about Kevin’s Accord:
- 2006 Accord LX Sedan, CM863
- Name: Tammy, after Tammy Wynette
- Original sales price: $21,653.93
- Bought from John Eagle Honda of Houston, TX
- Odometer reading at purchase time: 33 miles
- Paid off date: 5/27/2010 (date of title clearance).
- The car has pretty much lived in the Southwest. States: TX, NM, UT, AZ, CA, NV
- Servicing locations – John Eagle and Goodson Honda (Houston), Pacific Honda, Honda Cars of Mesa/Santan Honda, Tempe Honda, and Hondamotive.
- Most frequent road trip: San Diego, albeit now it’s only once or twice a year.
- Milestones: Completion of the Arizona State Highway system.
- Fun drives: Coronado Trail, Swift Trail (AZ 366), Beeline Highway (AZ 87), Mogollon Rim
- Fun facts: The brakes have only been serviced once, at around 88,000 miles. Guess that says something about Kevin’s driving style.
Kevin says he’s still amazed about how much pep the 4 cylinder has.
Here’s the video!
Proof that we were in my driveway when this happened: The 100,000 mile Accord odometer and the 516,000 mile Legend in the background!
Kevin, sporting his Honda Racing ballcap, is proud of his car’s “Drive to One” achievement.
Here’s to the next 100,000 and beyond! Congrats, Kevin.
Drive to Fivers – share with me your Honda & Acura milestones because I’d love to feature your story, too!