Odometer (ILX): 88,482
Odometer (Legend coupe): 530,082
Odometer (Legend sedan): 144,615
I heard a crackle of thunder on Sunday afternoon from inside the house, and I thought my ears were playing tricks on me. I’d been outside earlier in the day and it was absolutely cloudless at the time. Then the sound came around again, and I decided to investigate.
What I found when I looked out the windows was a torrential summertime “monsoon” downpour. First thought: “Crap, I left the ILX moonroof partially ajar and windows vented!” Second thought: “WHERE IS MY CAR KEY?” as I frantically looked on the kitchen table and then ran to the desk in my bedroom where the key was sitting. I bolted outside shoeless and rolled up the windows, then sought cover and recorded this video.
The past week has been busy for getting the cars up to date on service needs. I am preparing, along with 27 other registered participants from across the country, for a road trip to this year’s National Acura Legend Meet which kicks off in 10 days in Los Angeles, California. Here is a thread on the Legend forums where people are talking about their preparatory activities.
- Replace steering rack & pinion (remanufactured) – first time this has been done
- Replace passenger side inner axle boot – second time this has been done
- Replace spark plugs – third set including the originals; went with NGK
- Perform alignment – multiple occurrences of this
- Change oil & filter with 5W30
- Replace burned out 3rd brake light bulb
- Perform full inspection – all looks good!
- Recharge a/c (pending this Wednesday)
NSX (not going to NALM, but still getting some attention):
- Change oil & filter with Castrol GTX 10W30
- Recharge a/c
ILX (not going to NALM, but still getting some attention:
- Change oil & filter with 0W20
- Rotate tires
The sedan’s oil had last been changed on January 4th, just 209 miles prior.
Ready to rock and roll.
Desert Mist Metallic: Paint code YR-506M.
Where to this coming weekend? Well, I’m expecting company and we’ll depart in the ILX on Friday afternoon to a national park in California. That’s all I’m going to divulge for now, but stay tuned because this is going to be a hot ride in some hot Acuras. Have a great week!